Once spawned Amalgalich spawns in an arena where he can spawn in mobs. Unlike other arenas Amalgalich's arena grows the longer he has been in the world. While inside the arena the player cannot break or destroy any blocks. During the whole fight Amalgalich will summon projectiles that cause fear and blindness. It is vital for the player to stay away from Amalgalich as one touch from Amalgalich is an instant death. Amalgalich has 3 phases.
- Phase 1: The Amalgalich summons Reapers and will periodically use Consumption, a powerful attack that sucks everything in leading to instant death! Any Reapers consumed will also heal the Amalgalich. So be sure to run away when it's eyes light up and try not to leave too many Reapers alive for it to eat!
- Phase 2: The Amalgalich will stop trying to eat, for now, and instead Geists and giant Epions are summoned. Overtime the Geists will grow and grow and then eventually burst into large areas of dangerous Shadowfire: killing the Geists before they pop will prevent this. If there is too much Shadowfire, killing the Epions will clear any Shadowfire beneath them. Try to keep the arena clear for Phase 3.
- Phase 3: The Amalgalich is hungry again, so you better run! This time giant balls of Darklings are lobbed around the arena, it is best to keep the Darklings at bay and just damage down the boss without getting eaten. If there are too many Geists or Epions left from Phase 2, the boss can and will eat these to regain health possibly putting it back into Phase 2, so keep those minions at bay!
It says that Amalgalich is an unnatural lich that has succumb to madness due to having to maintain its size by devouring souls.
For every Amalgalich that spawns, there is a 10% chance for it to be an Uncommon Subspecies. Uncommon Amalgalich can be Russet or Ashen. A Russet Amalgalich is a sand color tinted version of the original, while an Ashen Amalgalich is a dark cyan tinted version of the original. Uncommon Amalgalich have double the health of a regular Amalgalich. He is one of the only mobs that have the ability to bypass the mob cap of 69420. Blighted and Infernal Amalgalich also have a chance of spawning.
- 20-50 Bones (100%)
- 5-10 Ender Pearls (100%)
- 10-20 Gold Ingots (100%)
- 10-20 Diamonds (100%)
- 1-8 Nether Stars (100%)
- 10-20 Spectralbolt Charges (100%)
- 10-20 Lob Darklings Charges (100%)
- 64-128 Shadowstone (100%)
- 64-128 Shadowstone bricks (100%)
- 64-128 Shadowstone Tiles (100%)
- 64-128 Shadow Crystals (100%)
- 1-3 Abberation Soulstones (100%)
Amalgalich is based off of Red from the Godzilla NES Creepypasta
The music when Amalgalich is summoned is called Killersfrom Kevin Macleod